On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:54:59 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Could you supply the JCL you use to do the EXPORT or the DFDSS with the
>messages?
>
>I usually code a BLKSIZE=32760 on my DFDSS dumps of datasets for FTP
>transmissions.  DFDSS does not require it, but for FTP transmissions it
>helps.
>
>Lizette

What I have done, successfully, is to use DFDSS to create the dump. I then
transfer the resulting file to my PC (Windows or Linux). But the secret is
to use the commands:

bin
quote stru r
get dfdss.file

Then, on uploading to the z/OS system which is to read the file:

bin
quote stru r
quote site lrecl=? recfm=u blksize=? pri=? sec=? tracks
put dfdss.file

Note: Replace the question marks with the proper values. That is, the ones
from the original z/OS dump file.

If you are going z/OS to z/OS, you should be able to:

bin
stru r
quote site pri=? sec=? cylinders
put dfdss.file

Note that you don't need to specify the LRECL, BLKSIZE, and RECFM in this
case because the z/OS ftp client sends that automagically. Also, you don't
use the "quote" on the "stru r" because there is z/OS on both sides and so
both sides need to be set to record mode. Most non z/OS systems (OK, Windows
and Linux) don't understand record mode transfers, so the "quote" prefix is
required so that they don't get confused.

--
John