From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Itschak Mugzach
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Linkage editor different ways to bind

I have two Binder situations. One works and the other is in error I
suspect
that this is a binder parm that cause the error.

Situation one, that works:
Output from the compiler (Object) is in the syslin. Two libraries are in
the
syslib concatenation: SYS1.COB2LIB and MY.LOADLIB.
The Binder ends successfully, referring only to MY.LOADLIB and the
SYSLIN in
the dataset report.

Situation two, that in error:
Output from compiler is in an object library. SYSLIB is the same. A
SYSLIN
"INCLUDE OBJ(MYPGM)' loads the object code, but all the Cobol2 modules
needed to be linked together with the object code couldn't be found
although
they are in the SYSLIB.

Any idea why Situation two doesn't work? As I said, it looks like a
binder
parameter that controls that, but I can't find which one.

Regards,

Itschak

intended
information.