Be sure you understand the installation's security rules. I can't believe that there wouldn't be naming conventions in place that would allow datasets to be named so as to get appropriate access protection even for test/training/non-production datasets. If you are somehow dealing with a special test or development environment where everyone has access to everything, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

RACF by default gives a user ALTER access (CREATE/UPDATE/READ/DELETE) to any dataset with a high-level-qualifier (HLQ) of his own userid. These datasets should be private to that user by default, unless the installation has deliberately granted access to many others by explicit PERMITS or by giving an exceptional number of users OPERATIONS authority to access all datasets not explicitly denied. Either of those actions seems highly unreasonable, but that doesn't mean some installations might not have done it. Normally data that should be considered "private" to one user would have his userid as HLQ.

Datasets that are to be shared by multiple users would normally be given a HLQ that is not a userid, and explicit access would be granted to specific RACF groups or users as required. There is no reason why additional groups cannot be established (by a Security Admin) if new access patterns arise.

RACF protects at the dataset level, not at the PDS member level. If you have members with different security requirements, they will have to be kept in distinct PDS libraries with different access permissions.

If your real goal is to prevent unauthorized updates to a specific database, the UPDATE authority to that database should be restricted, whether other users can get to your JCL or not. In z/OS, protection by ignorance (of constructing functional JCL) is not an acceptable practice.
  J C Ewing

Ram Balaji wrote:
Hi Anton/john,

John your assumptions are correct,

1)Iam just a programmer.
2)Sensitive data (I should have clearly explained this point).
My sensitive datas are training datasets which I have created dealing with
training database. Many times I see?people trying to explore my dataset and run
them. I dont mind ppl using my dataset but these program point?Training DB, Iam
bit worried about this.

I cant ask SAF to Protect since its my training dataset.

Moreover keeping it in a notepad file is good option. But cant we make it bit
easier(within Mainframes

3) Database should be visible to me alone.

4) Iam using Z/OS.

Hey JOHN

Thanks a lot for all your valuable suggestion.

I tried using TSO PROTECT , this is no more a working command.
Any other solution?

Hope I made it clear. Sorry for delayed response.

Regards,
Ram Balaji.S.
(Dying Hard to explore MainFrames)