John McKown wrote:
Does anybody know that this really does? I'm running a C++ program in batch.
Basically, it is a program which reads information from a network connection
and is writing it out to a tape dataset. I don't have the source. For those
interested, it is the "todsn" program in the Co:Z package from Dovetailed
Technologies (which I really like!). The job running this program is taking
about 20% of a z9BC-V02, or about 40% of a single engine. For all I know,
that is normal. But I would have thought the program would be more I/O bound
than that.

More curious than anything else.

CELHVnnn is an XPLINK condition handler. For example CELHV003 is the XPLINK runtime environment. Im not familiar with CELHV002 but it could be that the SSL hashes are a CPU hog. If you sending a file that's in a zFS or HFS cached it may not I/O bound...