At my company, we are looking at FATA drives to put our HSM ML1 (1 year
period) data on it .
Does someone have some experience doeing this ?

Today we do not use ML1 and write directly to ML2 , NATIVE tapedrives from
SUN/STK.
Current drives are fast enough to do the HSM migrate and recall work. But we
are running out of slots in the robot and want to replace current tapedrives
with new K1000 drives from SUN/STK.
This drives can write much more data to tape (capacity drives), but are also
slower . We also want to eliminate the native drives for HSM work because
HSM can not put enough "work" on the drives due to its 16K blocksize
limitation (IBM has no plans to change this in the nearby future).

So ... we are investigating FATA and you ?