We need to TERSE a fairly large (for us) amount of data. This data is in
multiple separate datasets now, but needs to be sent as one large sequential
dataset.  We can TERSE the concatenated sequential input of course; but out
of curiosity I'm wondering: can you TERSE the individual components,
concatenate the results via IEBGENER, and the UNTERSE the resulting file on
the other end?

>From what I remember about Lempel-Ziv, the "dictionary" is built as you go
along but it might mean that the second and subsequent files concatenated
would be read with incomplete information, resulting in erroneous
decompression results?