I would probably do the following:

1. TERSE each dataset to be transmitted.

2. Create a PDS large enough to contain each TERSEd dataset as a separate
member.

3. Put another member in that pds to restore the TERSEd datasets within it

4. XMIT that PDS (not TERSE).

Why the XMIT at the end instead of another TERSE? Because TERSE'ing the PDS
would likely just use CPU with little futher compression.

Why TERSE each dataset, then make each TERSE a member of a PDS instead of
using DFDSS of each dataset, then TERSE'ing the DFDSS dump? Because not
everybody has DFDSS.

Of course step 2 assumes that you have a single volume with enough space to
contain the PDS with all the members. If this is not true, then I'd likely
download each TERSE'd dataset to my desktop. Once on my desktop, I'd use
"zip" without compression to combine the TERSE'd datasets into a single
"zip" file.

--
John