Hi,

couldn't you put the sequential datasets into one large PO dataset and terse this one ? On the other side you unterse it to a PO file again and unload it with IEBGENER.

Tim Hare schrieb:
We need to TERSE a fairly large (for us) amount of data. This data is in multiple separate datasets now, but needs to be sent as one large sequential dataset. We can TERSE the concatenated sequential input of course; but out of curiosity I'm wondering: can you TERSE the individual components, concatenate the results via IEBGENER, and the UNTERSE the resulting file on the other end? >From what I remember about Lempel-Ziv, the "dictionary" is built as you go along but it might mean that the second and subsequent files concatenated would be read with incomplete information, resulting in erroneous decompression results?

Freundliche Gruesse / Kind regards

Dipl.Math. Juergen Kehr, IT Schulung & Beratung, IT Education + Consulting

Tel.  +49-561-9528788  Fax   +49-561-9528789  Mobil +49-172-5129389

ICQ 292-318-696 (JKehr)

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]