2008/10/29 Farley, Peter x23353 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi all,
>
> A question has been asked of me to which I think I know the answer, but
> not how (in)efficient it would be:
>
> Is there a z/OS-supplied function to convert GMT to local time (or back
> again)?

CEEGMTO is an LE function that will give you the offset between GMT
and local time. It is directly callable from COBOL, and there is a
COBOL example in the LE Programming Reference book. CEEGMTO doesn't do
the actual conversion, but once you have the offset, you can
presumably do it yourself in COBOL.

The overhead should be negligible, since the LE environment is already set up.

> Or am I barking up the wrong tree because there's another/better/simpler way
> to do this conversion?

I think so...

Tony H.