Think "override" rather than "substitution".  Occasionally there is use
for a "null override" as well.  For example, suppose your PROC had the
three libraries as listed above:

//OWNSYSLB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.own.private.copy.lib1
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.own.private.copy.lib2
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.own.private.copy.lib3

and you wanted to add a fourth library, but make it second in the
concatenation and move the current second library to the fourth
position.  Your invocation JCL need contain only:

//OWNSYSLB DD
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.own.private.copy.lib4
//         DD
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.own.private.copy.lib2

    -jc-