On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:44:20 -0600, Larry Burch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>OS390.210, single broadcast  dataset, RACF.
>
>I want to stop accumulation of messages resulting from the jobcard's NOTIFY
>parm, for a specific user-id, without deleting the user-id or modifying the
>jobcards (hundreds of them).
>
>Is there a simple, easy method for dealing with just a single user-id?  Maybe
>something in the ACCOUNT command that I'm not seeing?

Not really. OS/390 2.10 is so old, I don't know if it has the ability to
have individual NOTIFY datasets.

What is possible, is to have a RACF id which has SURROGAT authority to any
number of other RACF ids. This would allows a job submitted by that RACF id
to impersonate another RACF id. You would use this to have a job which then
runs the TSO TMP in batch to do a LISTBC which will remove the messages from
BRODCAST.

Not a very good solution, but it would work.

Or code a JES2 exit 6 to dynamically remove the NOTIFY= from the job cards.

--
John