On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:21:28 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 11/19/2008
>   at 03:20 PM, Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>>VS/2 is real old. OS/390 - not at all.
>
>IBSYS is real old. OS/360 is somewhat old. OS/VS2 is not old.
>
>--

"Old" is the ultimate objective, of course; I am (so far) somewhat successful
in achieving that goal.  My first computer was an RCA Spectra 70.

That, however, was not the original point.  Just how, easiest, to prevent
NOTIFYs from being accumulated.  Maybe some aspect of the tso Profile
command, or of the Account command.

I imagine that I remember something about a user-id must be defined in the
BRODCAST dataset in order for msgs to be saved if user is not logged-on, but
haven't recognized anything in the several manuals that I consulted (and
searched archives of IBM-MAIN) before original post.

Browsing BRODCAST, I did see lots of (mostly ancient) TSO user-ids, most
with no msgs.  I could zap a character in the one ID.  Or just schedule a run
of Sam's Broadcast Manager to delete that id's msgs.  (Would prefer to learn
the "right" way to do things.)