Yeah, Jerry -- I've been using Sam's Broadcast Manage from CBT for at least
6 years.  I used it this morning and deleted all 5,000+ msgs for that one
single
user-id.  (He retired at the end of June -- prod. control, QA, RACF admin'r.)

We are afraid to delete the user-id -- some things might not work!  But I think
I remember that a user-id has to be defined to this and to that and to the
other in order for msgs to be saved if the user is not actually signed-on to
TSO at the time the msg is sent.  But I've never had any role in defining
TSO/RACF user-ids and I can't remember and their attribs -- maybe something
about or in the UADS?  If I could just remove the id from whereever-it-has-to-
be-defined for msgs to be saved till the next logon, I think I would be done
with it.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:09:45 -0700, Jerry Whitteridge
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If you use Sam Golobs Broadcast utilities from the CBT Tape you can
>clear individual users form the central broadcast dataset. (You can even
>schedule a nightly batch job for those *&&amp;^^%$ people who never clear
>theirs !)
>
>Jerry Whitteridge
>Mainframe Engineering
>Safeway Inc
>925 951 4184
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended
only
for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error,
please notify the sender immediately.