AFAIK there is no reason to shut down at the time change.  The only
exception would be if your applications use local time (eg. Time stamps
in data files) that could cause grief.  We keep a few of our production
CICS AORs down for this reason but leave our test & UAT regions up to
hopefully catch an error that will prove we need to shut down the
application.  Of course not catching an error in test does not prove
there can't be one in production.
Various products (CICS, Omegamon) have commands to refresh local time.

Ken Porowski