Did you define any storage as reserved in the activation profile?  If so,
yes, you can.  If not, I don't know of any way.

Note that it's not just a re-IPL you would need to do; you would need to
redefine the activation profile with more storage and then reactivate the
LPAR.

Kevin McKenzie

External Phone: 845-435-8282, Tie-line: 8-295-8282
z/OS BCP SVT, Dept FXKA, Bldg 706/2D38

Eric Bielefeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
11/25/2008 12:11 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Add Storage To Lpar - z/800

Can real storage be added to an Lpar on a z/800 without shutting down the
Lpar and re-IPLing?  We have 4 Lpars defined, only two of them running
now.  Both Lpars have 3G of memory.  I think the 2 Lpars that aren't
running have .5G each.  I know we have a little less than 1G that is free
and unassigned, so I'm wondering if I can add that to our production DB2
lpar without having to IPL?

We just installed DB2 V8 in compatiblity mode.  Response time went from .5
seconds average to 1.2 seconds.  No one has been complaining, but this is
a week that many people have taken off, so volume is down.  We have to get
a handle on this by the end of tomorrow, as we are closed Thursday and
Friday.  We have a DB2 guy who is going to ask on the DB2 list about the
DB2 portion of this question, but if anyone here has anything to
contribute, I would appreciate it.  We primarily run some Peoplesoft
applications on this Lpar.

We are running at 100% CPU busy on the DB2 lpar most of the time this
week, whereas before the install of DB2 1.8 in compatibility mode, most of
the time the CPU was not at 100%.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

--