On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:58:52 +0100, Barbara Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>[...]when we got bitten by the very different naming conventions for DAE for
instance (which you cannot 'unshare'), [...], and most recently by RRS, or
rather the interaction between DB2, RRS and LOGR, and logstream offload for
RRS log streams on a connected system which is NOT the one that *should*
have done the offload. [...]
I forgot about DAE...  We've been lucky with RRS so far, I'm not sure why, but
thanks for the warning.  We had some heartache with some of our ISV
products' XCF group names, too, some easier to address than others.

>Did you know for instance that SDSF will connect to operlog no matter if
hardcopy was ever set to operlog on that system? I sure didn't, and someone
apparently has operlog hardcoded in the SDSF ISPF profile member on the
systems that are not supposed to use operlog. Which fairly regularly gets us
an offload in the wrong sms constructs, and hence a corrupted operlog log
stream.

We learned this the hard way, too.  LOGREC overruns, SVC dumps, console
nastygrams, and subsequent cleanup - no fun.  We don't seem to have this
problem with (E)JES (not an intentional gratuitous plug - we're JES3 &amp; JES2
and migrated for cost savings, before SDSF worked with JES3).

>The only good thing from a technical point of view that I can see is that we
finally got around to cleaning up the RNLs before we merged the two plexes.
[...]
Ditto!

Regards,
Art Gutowski