>So can't you set up DAE as not shared and have each system use
>its own (I realize you lose the sysplex wide benefit of DAE)?

That's what we ended up doing. That also describes the big disadvantage: We're
losing the sysplex wide benefit which hurts us on two pairs out of 5 systems.

It also uncovered something about DAE I didn't really like: DAE looses the
recording capability completely when 'the other side' starts on a different
data set. I had wrongly assumed that it would go on using the old dataset when
it cannot access the new one. Well, it doesn't.

Best regards, Barbara
--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a