Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3) wrote:
Last year, I downloaded the IEHS and successfully ran it on my Windows laptop as a stand-alone application. It's kinda big (like 12MB), but it works. http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/iehs

Ed,
did you find books in "eplcise plugin format", e.g. the z/OS library?

I was experimenting with and testing the platform for (E)JES books only. I never thought to look for z/OS books or any other books. But, you bring up an excellent point!

If one can install IEHS locally, where does one download the books to populate it? I have not yet seen an equivalent to the Softcopy Librarian for the eclipse-style plug-ins.

As I understand it, IBM gives out DVDs at SHARE, with fully-populated, ready-to-run InfoCenters, for those people that complete the documentation survey and/or attend Geoff Smith's sessions. If they made that available as an .iso image, that would be a start.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc