From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John McKown
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Anyone using JAVA 6.0 on z/OS?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:16:32 -0500, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>While working on implementing EKM, I noticed that JAVA 6.0 is out.
>
>When it comes to JAVA is it better to upgrade it now or should I wait?
Is
6.0 causing any issues?

>Lizette

Are you aware that you can have multiple Java releases installed
simultaneously? Just put them in different subdirectories. I current
have
1.4.2 (31 bit), 5.0 (31 bit), 5.0_64 (64 bit) and 6.0 (64 bit)
installed.
Which one is running depends on which one you have on your PATH.

Now, we don't use Java on z/OS. Well, I do on occasion, but nobody else
does. Luddites!

--
John