>I was just curious if JAVA on the mainframe should be kept as
>current as possible or if we should lag abit.

The beautiful thing about all the Java stuff is that you're
damned to keep various versions in parallel. Jave beats
Micro$oft when it comes to incompatibilities between releases.

At the time a Java applications is developed, there is a
specific Java release that is being used and the application
will very often only run with exactly that release.

--
Peter Hunkleler
Credit Suisse