Consider this: IEFBR14 doesn't write a EOF on the dataset. Could be a very important point.

R.S. wrote:

Peter Relson wrote:

undelete by E

"E" is not undelete. It is refresh. The description of refresh probably
describes nicely what it does (it is "delete" followed by "addnew"). It is
up to you to understand the ramifications.

Peter,
I'm sorry. I don't know for what, but I apologize.
My English is poor and I don't grasp all the nuances, but from your words I feel that my questions irritated you. I apologize for that again.

I just wanted to know more about Healtch Checker which I want to use. I did RTFM, but - it's a pity - the documentation is not at state-of-the-art level. There is no clear description what is a difference between delete and deactivate, there are no clear guidelines explaining the purpose of both commands. There is absoluetely no explanation why should I use HZSAIEOF program despite IEFBR14 performs the same work.

People say there are no stupid questions, but it seems there are irritating questions.

--
Rick