On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:53:12 +0000, d...@bkassociates.net wrote:

>We recently used software from a company called IO Concepts to
>virtualize our consoles.  I can't give all the specifics, but it seems
>to be working very well for Operations and the vendor was extremely
>helpful.

We, too, use IO Concepts, and are very satisfied with it.  Among
other things, it allows the system programming staff to be "present"
during late night IPLs even though that staff is scattered across the
country.  Entering commands on the shared console takes a bit of
verbal coordination, of course.

Pat O'Keefe