On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:10:49 -0500, Farley, Peter x23353
<peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

>But don't any DLL's dealing with "long-name" elements or interfaces need
>to be stored in a PDSE?  Or does the "pre-link" step always resolve that
>issue?
The pre-link (EDCPRLK) does handle the long-name stuff (using IMPORT
members BTW).

>And does your statement also apply to C++ DLL's or only to PL/1 or COBOL
>DLL's?
It certainly does apply for C (because that is what we are doing). I am rather
sure it works for C++ and I see no reason why it would not work for PL/1 and
COBOL; although I never tried.

>TIA for decreasing my ignorance quotient.

You're welcome.

Jantje.