From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of JE Thinnes
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: MVS 4 minute 'outage'

Had another hang today - 6 minutes 50 seconds.

HMC SAD indicated 100% utilization in supervisor state.

RMF indicated the DB2xMSTR was the big CPU user.  The DB2 test batch job

was not canceled this time but rather completed rc=0 - just as the
system
came back.

IBM asked for a dump (which has been sent), suggested an increase to
TRACE
(TRACE ST,3M) and asked for a dump to be taken as close to the next hang

as possible.  We considered Jim Mulder's suggestion of writing a small
stimer
program or using OPS/MVS - but decided to issue the DUMP command on
the 'hung' console.  When the system free's up - the dump will be taken.

I've asked the programmer NOT submit the possible causing batch job
until I
can get the system in a more controlled environment this weekend.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

intended
information.
distribution