On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 16:31 -0600, Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
> We have one - z9bc uni capped at 15 MSUs.  The vast majority of our work
> runs under a single TCB IDMS address space.

Rex, your configuration pretty much describes ours.  I've always been
distrustful of (little) dual processors, which make your CPU hogs run
half-fast.

Of course, we don't run at 100% either.

> Rumor has it that the latest release of IDMS will run on a zIIP

Did CA ever disclose performance experience for IDMS R17 on zIIP?  (They
refused me as recently as August, and so we missed the lease cycle.  No
zIIP for us.)

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.