<snip>
I would be surprised to see anyone running z/OS on a uniprocessor these
days. In yesteryear, before millicode-based knee capping, uniprocessors
were not uncommon because of the hardware costs. But, these days, IBM
can knee-cap System z machines down to incredibly small MSU values. (I
know. We're running one of them now.)
</snip>

We have one - z9bc uni capped at 15 MSUs.  The vast majority of our work
runs under a single TCB IDMS address space.  Moving this onto a 2 way
would cause our users response time problems.  Rumor has it that the
latest release of IDMS will run on a zIIP (or whatever the database
engine is).  Once we get there and ready for a replacement processor, I
will be definitely looking at putting in the specialty engine and
cutting the z/OS processor back smaller - depending on how much of the
workload will actually transfer of course.

Rex