On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:49:44 -0600, Walt Farrell wrote:

>With RSCS and appropriate RACF and JES setup RACF can supply the proper ID
>automatically, with no passwords required.

FSVO "proper".  For historic reasons, my VM and z/OS user IDs
differ.  Is there any way to automate jobs submitted by
VMGIL to run as user ID ZOSGIL?  If IBM supplied an exit,
they'd likely be delighted to activate it.

Our admins have set up for several of us in this situation
IDs such as VMGIL; no TSO logon; all profiles identical
to ZOSGIL.  But ongoing duplicate redundant parallel
maintenance is a PITA.  And there's the often-mentioned
phenomenon that getpwuid() sometimes reports me as ZOSGIL;
other times as VMGIL.

It would really be useful if RACF provided user ID aliasing,
so whenever a program or programmer said "VMGIL" it would
automatically seek on to the entry for "ZOSGIL", and there
wouldn't be two OMVS segments with my UID.

-- [*]gil