Knutson, Sam wrote:
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA27291
OA27291 is closed with some good information included in the APAR text.

Hopefully, people understand that this APAR doesn't "fix" the failing programs. They still make erroneous assumptions about the initial contents of the storage they acquire and are at risk of failing with our without UseZosV1R9Rules(Yes) coded. And, there are also other programs that make erroneous assumptions about initial storage contents that still seem to work most of the time, even with the new z/OS 1.10 VSM behaviors.

The ONLY way to find all of the programs that make erroneous assumptions about the initial contents of acquired storage is to test with the IgvInitGetmain DIAG trap enabled. I repeat, it's the ONLY way! But, so far IBM has not documented that facility. IMHO, APAR OA27291 provided an appropriate opportunity for them to do so. Unfortunately, that opportunity was missed. :-(

So, we're no further along with this than we were before. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of programs making erroneous assumptions about the initial contents of acquired storage. These programs are coded improperly and are exposed to what might appear to be "spurious" or "unrepeatable" abends. Those that are APF authorized might even represent potential exposures to the system! And, yet there is no DOCUMENTED or SUPPORTED way for IBM's customers to find and fix these erroneous programs! >:o

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc