I agree with you all thatOmegamon is not easy to be upgraded.

I have personally done the Omegamon/CICS installation. The TKANMOD keeps
varying and the settings that we need to do while upgrading really varies.
For few things , i have never got the reason why from the performance guys.
Also, we wont know the end result until during the change window, There is
no sort of test that we can do for finding if it will work. And it has to be
put in all the CICS regions in one shot which is never good system
programming practice too.
Regards
Yogs