From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Petersen, Jim
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: TMON with OMEGAMON Comparison

First of all this is the opinion of myself and does not necessarily
represent the views of my company.

I have been at two shops which converted to Omegamon from something
else.   At the one, we converted from TMON.   Even before we got fully
converted, it was found by the CICS Group that the number of keystrokes
required to solve a CICS problem was 12 times greater than TMON using
Omegamon.  There were monitors in TMON which had no duplicates in
Omegamon such as TCPIP and Websphere.   This company has recently
converted off of Omegamon to another product.

The 2nd shop also converted off of another product to Omegamon.  After 3
frustrating years of trying to get Omegamon to work (it seemed to be a
fix or repair daily situation), they too have converted to another
product.  They also found that Omegamon was going to take 3 full time
people just to do the customization of Omegagmon and maintain it.

Jim Petersen
MVS - Lead Systems Engineer
Home Depot Technology Center
1300 Park Center Drive, Austin, TX 78753
www.homedepot.com
email:jim_peter...@homedepot.com
512-977-2615 direct
210-977-2930 fax