:>*
:>         MVC   ##PRM(4),#Q#ENQ         INITIALIZE ENQ PARAMTERS

>>I would make ##PRM bigger. As it is now, the ENQ macro will overlay
the
>>dsname.

Perfect, thanks Binyamin.  Changed ##PRM length to cover ENQ
length.....WORKS PERFECTLY !!!  I was probably clobbering STIMER wait
time....not a good idea.

:>         ENQ   (SPFEDIT,DSNAME,E,52,SYSTEMS),RET=USE,MF=(E,##PRM)
:>*
:>         LTR   R15,R15                 DID EDIT WORK ??
:>         BZ    Z@@2300X                 YES--EXIT
:>*
:>         MVC   ##PRM(4),#Q#DEQ         INITIALIZE DEQ PARAMTERS
:>*
:>         DEQ   (SPFEDIT,DSNAME,52,SYSTEMS),RET=HAVE,MF=(E,##PRM)

>>Why DEQ if the ENQ failed? Won't hurt, but why bother?

I assumed that I needed to do a DEQ to eliminate previous ENQ....in case
it was pending.

I have been messing with this for a month off and on....I don't
understand why ISPF
Manual didn't come up in SEARCH....oh well.

I was close on my original attempts to do this, but the PARM length
being wrong was one problem....the other was constructing the DATASET
NAME and MEMBER.  I thought
It needed to be 'DATESET(MEMBER)'....but never would have thought
dataset name (44) padded...then member(8) padded.  First time I've heard
of this format.

But I don't care....It Works Now !!!  Love it when a plan comes together
!!!

Thanks again guys for your help.....never would have gotten it without
it.

Thanks,

Tom Savor
Fidelity National Information Services
11720 Amber Park Drive
Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA  30004

Phone: 678-867-8431
cell:  404-660-6898
E-Mail: tom.sa...@fnis.com

_____________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.