Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:56:31 -0700, Schwarz, Barry A wrote:

All of us whose workload would still fit on a 4381 but had to upgrade to
get around maintenance and support issues.  Plus anyone still using a
P390 or a FLEX-ES if I remember the literature correctly.  And on the z9
I support we have only one LPAR also.

The ply to which I replied said "multi-CPU".  LPAR is different.
Is z9 marketed in a single-CPU version?  P390 or FLEX-ES may be
single-CPU, AFAIK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:06 PM

Doesn't need to be multi-CPU; multi-task is bad enough.  Who has
a single-CPU system nowadays, anyway?

-- gil

I think you can still get single CPU systems on z9's, and z10's.
Assuming that by CPU you mean engines, and not CEC's or whatever
the current terms are.

But I don't see what this has to do with ENQ. ENQ doesn't care
how many CPU's there are. The scope is STEP, SYSTEM, or SYSTEMS.
None of these implies multiple CPU's, or single CPU's for that
matter. You can run multiple LPAR's on a single CPU, or have
an LPAR with multiple CPU's.

--
Richard