On 5 Apr 2009 07:43:33 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Edward Jaffe wrote:
>
>I found this post in the IBMVM list archives, from Alan Ackerman on
>behalf of (coincidentally) Ken Tomiak--then SHARE Rexx Project Manager,
>reporting that z/OS REXX development is frozen and that all REXX
>requirements were being rejected:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/ib...@listserv.uark.edu/msg16674.html
>
>It says, "IBM REXX on z/OS is in 'maintenance mode'. All IBM REXX
>requirements are rejected for that reason. Unless something changes,
>there is no reason to keep submitting, discussing, and voting on REXX
>requirements. We are trying to find who supports IBM REXX on z/VM to see
>if it is also in maintenance mode."

But note: later in that same message thread, Alan Ackerman posted a
follow-up message from Ken Tomiak stating:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/ib...@listserv.uark.edu/msg17992.html

    IBM did some internal discussing, and we are proud to announce IBM
will continue to take Rexx requirements from SHARE for the
    interpreter. That's right, only the Compiler is in maintenance
    mode.

So it looks like REXX is not completely dead after all!

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: et...@tulsagrammer.com
                                           Web: www.tulsagrammer.com