REXX is not smart enough to parse quoted strings the way we see them, but
once you have a routine that can do that, as I do, you do not have to write it
new every time you want to use it. Other than quoted strings, PARSE is very
powerful at handling keyword <tag> value processing. Easier in assembler if
you are good at assembler and not good at REXX. Easier REXX if you are not
good in assembler.

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 08:58:23 -0400, P S <zosw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think he means parsing things like:
>COMMAND OPTION(VALUE) OPTION(VALUE(SUBVALUE)) OPTION(VALUE
('SUBVALUE