From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: "A foolish consistancy" or "3390 cyl/track architecture"

You've refreshed more of my memory.  So you really could have more or
less
volumes at different times, depending on how much data, blocksizes, etc.

that you have on them.  But, I would think you need to define a static
set
of volumes for normal processing, although I could see that at times
such as
month end you might need more volumes.

I have a couple of questions.  Does anyone have an RVA still?  Is there
any
current DASD that still works this way?

Eric

Eric Bielefeld