What about using the r10pdf.htm provided by IBM ?
Just modifying the source (replacing http:// etc by the real path on the
directory )
For years we have been copying the CD content with its html index onto a HFS
on 3390 and using SMB to put it online.
This way there is one single copy and you can access from any desktop PC in
your shop or even via VPN from outside if you are called at night.
When new books are coming you just do a copy/paste from the PC where the
download took place.(not even needed to FTP)
Of course the HFS on z/OS is 755 protected and available for write to only a
pair of users.
You can use the same DASD for your lookat book format libraries and your pdf
books.
after all we are the masters of centralised data processing :-))
( the best thing about all that is to always have access to your books from
any location in your company and use the same index pointing to the books).
Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr