Paul is right that the lack of documentation is hostile
to cross-linking; that's why our cross-linker only provides
support for building "old style" load modules (in a TSO transmit file.)
And, we have mentioned this particular impediment to IBM at
almost every possible moment.

But - we do have facilities in our pre-linker that allow
SMP/E to go ahead.  Function we added at the request of
customers to be able to proceed with that....  "highly hostile"
is a good way to describe it though... but, I wanted to make
sure it was clearly "doable."

        - Dave Rivers -