2009/4/23 David Andrews <d...@lists.duda.com>:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 14:57 -0400, Bob Rutledge wrote:
>> It's not "[nonzero],0", it's "15,0".
>
> Hey, you're absolutely RIGHT.  (I wonder if it's always been like this?
> Am I mis-remembering stuff from 35 years ago?

Yup - it's always been like this. I think of it as "branch always,
nowhere", vs the two other NOP formats of "branch never, somewhere",
and "branch never, nowhere". That last one is what people usually
think of as *the* NOP, but it's not the only one.

> Anyone got a *really* old PrincOps?)

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/370/princOps/GA22-7000-0_370_Principles_Of_Operation_Jun70.pdf

is as old as you can get for S/370. Too old for your purposes, really,
since it's just a little booklet that updates the S/360 POO. But even
that is available at

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/360/princOps/A22-6821-0_360PrincOps.pdf .
Unfortunately these are not searchable PDFs.

Tony H.