From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: How do you handle SMS Pools out of space

We have a couple of SMS pools that are usually 80% free all the time.  However,
occasionally they do fill up and I need to manually do ML2 migrations so the
appls can continue to work.

I am considering creating a rexx that gets kicked off by OPS/MVS to do the
migration for me.   I would probably monitor for IGD17216I and IGD17272I.

I was just wondering what other options might be available (other than interval
migration in DFHSM).

How do you handle the need to migrate datasets out of a pool when it gets too
full.  What type of automation or manual process to you have available to you.

Thanks

Lizette