On Sat, 30 May 2009 18:25:25 +0200, R.S. wrote:

>My $0.02 regarding HFS files and Internet download and SMP/E.
>When you install CBPDO product downloaded from Internet you need rougly
>4x times space than the product occupies!
>1. HFS for downloads
>2. HFS for unpack
>3. Datasets for "source" (fake tape)
>4. Datasets for relfiles.

Aren't (2) and (3) dynamic, existing only for one relfile
at a time, and deleted once the relfile is created.  So you
need somewhat more than 2x the space of the product:

1. HFS for downloads
2-3. unpack and IEBCOPY input for largest relfile.
4. Data sets for relfiles.

A very simple enhancement to IEBCOPY would allow streaming directly
from Internet (or local workstation), and eliminate (2) and (3) and
relocate (1) to cheap squatty box storage.

Sounds like a Requirement candidate.

-- gil