-----------------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------
Maybe so.... From the z/OS 1.11 preview:

"In z/OS V1.11, support is added for data tables contained in load modules and program objects to be placed above 2 GB. A new ADDR64 parameter on the LOAD macro supports loading load modules and program objects containing only data tables above the bar. This function is intended to help relieve virtual storage constraints by allowing data tables to be loaded above the bar."
I missed that. About half of the code I'm looking at consists of tables, with imbedded addresses that point back and forth within the table, forming various tree structures. Since much of the actual table access is via Assembler routines, this along might give me a greatly-needed constraint relief. I'll have to rethink the addressing scheme for moving around within the tables, since I doubt that anything would actually go through relocation. At least I have the most important element: TIME!

That one reply about the theological place of eternal damnation: isn't that rather like climbing the inside of a working blast furnace without getting your eyebrows singed? :-)

--
Rick