>>read-only data tables.
>
>Maybe so....  From the z/OS 1.11 preview:

That's at:

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS209-029

>"In z/OS V1.11, support is added for data tables contained in load modules
>and program objects to be placed above 2 GB.  ...

How about scatter loading a load module containing executable CSECTs to go
below the bar, and data CSECTs to go above the bar?

Of course, to be useful this practically requires 64-bit ESD/RLD support.

Nearby in the same document:

    ... when IEFBR14 is used to delete a data set ...

Haven't we agreed here that IEFBR14 doesn't delete data sets?  Hasn't
IBM learned this yet?

-- gil