On Wednesday 10 June 2009, Edward Jaffe wrote:
> Bob Woodside wrote:
> >     I'll look at the configure script later to see what needs to be
> > done there. Then I'll do the same with unzip 6.0. And the code
> > should probably be patched to recognize a ZOS define as well as
> > OS390  -- time to move the mainframe support into the 21st century.
> >
> >     I'll keep you posted as I make progress. And when I have all
> > the changes, I'll post a diff to the developers' forum.
>
> THANK YOU!

I posted unified diffs against zip 3.1b and unzip 6.0 to the developers'
forum about half an hour ago. These are slightly different from the
ones I posted to this list.

Most developers like unified diffs (though I don't know what the current
Info-ZIP maintainers like). Anyway, these were created on my Linux
workstation.

But z/OS diff doesn't support unified diffs; so the ones I posted here
are regular context diffs created by z/OS diff that someone could use
on a z/OS system - I hope.

These patches only address building zip and unzip for the USS
environment.

Cheers,
Bob