On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:13:24 -0700, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>As others have indicated, the two named libraries do appear to be included
>in (at least) the 1.9 CPAC.PARMLIB(PROG00). Setting aside the question of
>whether they need to be there or are automatically included by the system
>on any search, you might try to track down why your PROG00 is different.
>
>As part of building a new IPLable and migratable system from ServerPac, we
>construct a concatenation of CPAC-derived members for both linklist and
>APFlist. Each concatenation also includes members for non-sysres libraries
>for ISV and installation load libraries. If you do this sort of thing
>routinely for each new ServerPac, you will tend to stay current.

There have always been libraries included in Serverpac that we didn't want
nor need in the LNKLST.   Also, I share a serverpac between environments
that don't all run the same product mix now (in the past, we ordered separate
serverpacs, but I finally reconciled it all to a combined order for z/OS 1.8).

All of which leads me to my point:   The migration manual tells you about the
new libraries that are needed, so you don't need to rely on looking at or
using the sample that comes on the CPAC PARMLIB.   But those samples
are a great reference, not only for PROGxx, but for other "site specific"
or serverpac specific parmlib members.  A good example is BPXPRMxx since
the unix file systems that come with your order are probably different
than the ones your friend got.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden