On Friday 26 June 2009, Vikesh Bhoola wrote:

> It appears getting the cmsmvs version LARGE_FILES is proving to be
> more challenging than I've anticipated.

    Or I.  I managed to run several tests of both versions last night,
and I found that the cmsmvs version would run successfully if I added
the -fz flag.

    I don't like this hack for a couple of reasons: 1) it isn't
documented - at least "zip -h" doesn't explain it, yet; 2) it violates
the convention that "-fz" should be equivalent to "-f" and "z" (which
are both valid flags in their own right); and 3) this is a workaround
that just masks a program bug (that doesn't happen in the Unix build).
But we may go with that as a temporary solution to get you something
that will work soon.

    The thing that bothers me more is that the cmsmvs version ran for
about 40 minutes to zip a large file that the regular Unix version
handled in about 10 minutes. There's clearly a lot more work to be done
here.

> Yes, I do have a batch JCL for the cmsmvs zip set up :

    Thanks for the JCL. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Bob

--------
Bob Woodside