On Friday 10 July 2009, Vikesh Bhoola wrote:
> Bob, just replied to your update on the Info-ZIP forum.
>
> > If you would like, I can send you the diff for my working version,
>
> which has Lutz' code mixed in with mine. You should be able to use it
> to run the MVS version of zip. Let me know if you would like me to do
> this.
>
> Yes, I would be most grateful. I could test this out in the meantime
> until your final post to the Info-ZIP forum.

    I just uploaded both patches to the Info-ZIP forum. Look at the
following threads for the patches:

zip thread:
http://www.info-zip.org/board/board.pl?m-1244753050/s-15/
patch:
http://www.info-zip.org/board/board.pl?v-download/f-diff_8942.zip/

unzip thread:
http://www.info-zip.org/board/board.pl?m-1244753420/s-0/
patch:
http://www.info-zip.org/board/board.pl?v-download/f-diff_8806.zip

    I did not fix the crypto code in unzip. This is not really a z/OS
issue. I'll look into it later.

    I included some of Lutz' patch, and left out other parts - see the
forum post for notes on what and why. I'd like to know if this works
for you without his changes to unix/Makefile.

    The patch is a unified diff - you'll need to apply it on a
workstation with GNU diff, then upload the source to your mainframe.
z/OS diff is a little primitive.

    Let me know how this works for you.

    By the way, I don't suppose there's anyone following this thread
that has access to a z/VM system, is there? (I don't at the moment.)
The CMS code is in the same state of neglect (about 10 years' worth) as
the z/OS-MVS code was.

Cheers,
Bob

--------