---snip---
As a circumventive measure, one, less desirable choice, is to resort to
either coding multiple PROC instances with specific check conditions or use
JCL INCLUDE statements to externalize your individual PROC rqmt conditions
and enclose the IF/THEN/ENDIF statements as needed for the first and
subsequent PROC executions.
---snip---

Thanks for your detail explainlation!

However, I don't understand how to use JCL INCLUDE statements to code the
PROC requirement conditions AND being enclosed within the IF/THEN/ENDIF
statements, can you kindly give me an example?

by the way, it seems no easy to do so....

Paul