Ron, So you need a way to have the tape data sets retained for only 1 day
and the DASD for 4 days.  You can do that with a VRS in RMM.
RMM AS DSNAME('DBP1.TEST.D%%%%%.T*.**') DAYS COUNT(1) RELEASE
(EXPIRYDATEIGNORE)
This will override any DB2 specified RETPD and keep the data set for 1 day
since creation.  You might need to consider COUNT(2) depending on when in
the day/night these are created and when you run VRSEL and EXPROC.

Mike Wood    RMM Development