> IBM provides an API to vendors to allow preemptible SRBs to be routed
> to zIIPs, but remember that a zIIP is really the same as a CP. It is
> capable of running any work. It is entirely possible to hook MVS in a
> manner that will make a zIIP eligible to run any work. Whether it's
> legal to do that is a matter for the courts. Whether it is ethical for
> a vendor to do that should be obvious.

Which means of course that all vendors have thought about how it all
hangs together, and how it might be used sans API. See Brians post from
a few days back.
If they hadn't actually gone to the extent of cutting code, I bet they
have rectified that since the zPrime balloon went up.

As customers, just ask IBM (formally) what their stance is. No doubt you
will be reminded of your license obligations.
One assumes NEON is standing behind a phalanx of lawyers.

Shane ...