On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:01:03 -0500, Chris Mason <chrisma...@belgacom.net> wrote:

>... ideally USS messages are
>composed within the installation and so, if they are inscrutable,
>the person to whom to complain should be available with an
>"in-organisation" telephone call - assuming the original author
>hasn't been "let go". ...

I have to admit that USS messages cannot be looked up in a
Messages and Codes manual, cannot (except for the default messages
supplied by IBM) be the subject of PMRs, RCFs, etc.   And they often
ARE inscrutable.   If Ed hadn't added his final disclaimer I would have
had to agree with him.  :-)

Pat O'Keefe